GoldenEye romhack index
I have written a simple "TAS" for Runway which will play the level on repeat and gather run statistics.
Actions are performed after a certain number of ticks have passed. There is some "active sensing" when turning and when adjusting to the correct look up/down angle -- instead of hold button for X number of frames, it holds the button until the angle is reached.
I have removed the drones, all gaurds, all doors, and removed the AI script to spawn guards; I moved the spawn point forward to avoid (some) turning. The level ends when you pass a z position threshold at the end of the runway.
The level will continuously loop until you press L Trigger. You can pause to adjust settings, the run will be discounted from the session; you're free to move until you quit out.
Note: you need a clean quit out (not L Trigger) to save settings.
2022-03-24 (v1.3): Fix unarmed. Fix infinite ammo.
2022-03-20 (v1.2): Adjust variance display
2022-03-18 (v1.1): Added variance to end screen for statistical analysis.
2022-03-17 (v1.0): initial release
I added a watch screen:
This allows changing the following settings:
- weapon: whether to switch to the selected weapon in the run. All guns cheat is enabled, choose a weapon from the inventory page.
- fire: whether to fire the weapon during the run
- look: amount of look up or down. Positive is look up, negative is look down. Unless controls are reversed.
- interp: Number of ticks the boss main loop should think have elapsed. This sets the g_ClockTimer variable the same way that would happen during high lag, the only difference is lag is normally spiky and this is constant. This doesn't take effect until a few seconds into the run, after Bond is done turning. 0 to disable (use the stage default), any other value will force boss main loop to use this value.
- env: Environment data to load. This is all the environment settings available in the game.
The end screen looks like
On the left is a list of all options used in the session. This lists the "game" options from the watch screen, from music down to ratio. Then the romhack specific options are listed:
- weapon: which weapon was used in the run. Default is the level default (PP7)
- fire: whether the weapon was fired in the run. Default: no
- look: amount of look up/down. Angle in degrees, increments of 15. Default: 0 (neutral)
- interp: (see description above). Default 0 (disabled)
- env: (see desription above). Default is the level default (Runway).
On the right are run statistics for the session. Any partial (quit out) runs are not counted. From top down:
- count: Number of successfully completed runs
- min: best level completion time
- max: worst level completion time
- avg: average of all level completion times
- abort: If Bond gets stuck the run will timeout after about 50 seconds and abort. This counts the number of times that happened.
List of environments. There are two bonus settings not normally in the game that set nearfog to zero, and farfog to 100 and 500. These are called 10/100 and 10/500.